Christmas is a great time to start thinking about Talents For Christ! Special programs and activities give students an opportunity to begin using their talents in your church and gain confidence for when they compete later in the spring and summer. Identify a special gift that God has blessed each student in your youth group with and find a way to incorporate the students into your church’s holiday festivities.
Here are some ideas help you start thinking!
- Students gifted at working with kids: Prepare them for Visualized Bible Teaching by having them teach the Christmas story to kids in Sunday School or children’s church. Or have them read a children’s book to the kids on the platform during a service.
- Students gifted at speaking: Prepare them for Preaching or Female Public Speaking by having them read the Christmas story in a service.
- Students gifted in writing: Prepare them for Talents For Christ by having them write a bulletin insert that captures the true meaning of Christmas.
- Students gifted in technology: Prepare them for Digital Media by having them prep the PowerPoint slides for a special service.
- Students gifted in music: Prepare them for competition by having them perform special music or participate in the orchestra or choir.
- Prep your entire youth group for the group competition by Christmas caroling in your neighborhood.
The purpose of Talents For Christ is to equip individuals for service in the local church setting. Start thinking about how you can use your church’s students now! Get them excited about being involved in ministry, and encourage them to consider competing in Talents For Christ!