View the 2017 Rules and Adjudication Sheets below. The most significant change was to the music and group adjudication sheets. Please contact your state director for any state-specific instructions for the state competition. Iowa competitors may view your state-specific information here.
Female Public Speaking
Large Vocal Ensemble
Oral Interpretation of the Scriptures
Small Vocal Ensemble
Visualized Bible Teaching
Adjudication Sheets and Ministry Requirement form for all categories
Adjudication Sheets Only
Music Selection Recommendations
Download a PDF of the suggested music selections. Check back for additional recommendations.
Brass (104K; 7 pages)
Piano (102K; 4 pages)
Strings (93K; 4 pages)
Voice (84K; 3 pages)
Woodwinds (102K; 6 pages)
Students competing in TFC are to wear business dress: a coat and tie for men and a dress or skirt ensemble for women. Attire should always be modest. Vocal ensemble members may wear coordinated collared shirts with slacks for men and skirts for women. Girls on puppet and drama teams may wear pants.
Who qualifies for state competition?
- Students in grades 9–12 with at least a C average. (Seventh and eighth graders may participate in the TFC Open group competition.)
- Some states have a Jr. High competition. Check with your local director.
- Members in good standing of a church or mission church/church plant in fellowship with the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches.
Who qualifies for the national scholarship competition?
- Students who receive 1st or 2nd place at the state scholarship competition.
Who qualifies for the national open competition?
- Students who receive a “1” or “2” ranking at state open competition.
- All competitors in the scholarship division who did not qualify for the national scholarship competition.
Who qualifies for the national group competition?
- Groups who receive a “1” or “2” ranking at the state group competition.